What Are Scholarly Sources And How do We Find Them?
What are scholarly sources?
A scholarly source is the most valued source to write an academic paper. Its reason is that in a scholarly source, the information or data are written by the experts and it is organized in a particular field of the study. The most important quality of the scholarly source is that it provides you all the original resources from where this data is collected. All the information that is presented in a scholarly source is peer-reviewed and up-to-dated. When we are asked to write an academic paper with the help of valid references, then these scholarly sources are the most important sources for you.
How to find the scholarly sources?
Here, we will provide you some important tips to find the scholarly sources with ease.
- Tips to find scholarly sources online
Some important online sources to get the scholarly articles free of cost are given below;
- The Google Scholar is the most important scholarly source to gather information related to your academic paper. You can access to the Google Scholar through this link http://scholar.google.com in order to get a lot of journals, academic papers, and articles related to your subject.
- The journal articles have become the most important resources to gather information related to your topic. If you are interested to get information from these journal articles, then you can visit the DOAJ. The DOAJ will provide you an access to a huge amount of scholarly articles related to your subject. This access is freely available.
- Nowadays, a lot of discipline-specific search engines are available and these discipline-specific search engines will provide you the most relevant data. For example, if you are finding some data related to the Science, then SciSeek is the most important discipline-specific search engine for you.
- You can also find scholarly articles from the different websites who are providing you the individual academics.
- The articles provided by the government pages, international and non-governmental organizations are also considered as the scholarly articles.
- Tips to use the library databases
There are also some library databases that are providing you the scholarly articles. Here, we provide you some important tips to use the library databases for the scholarly articles.
- There are a lot of universities that have online digital libraries. The articles that are available on the university library website are also considered as the scholarly articles.
- You can also get scholarly articles simply by accessing to the electronic databases of the different universities.
- Most of the library databases are providing the advanced search options. Therefore, it is necessary for you to search a particular topic with the help of advanced search rather than a plain language.
After collecting the scholarly articles from different sources, it is also necessary for you to evaluate the quality of the articles. The most important tips to evaluate the quality of the articles are given below;
- Get information about the publication date of the specific article
- Try to get information about the background of the author
- Try to get information about the original references of the article
These are the most important tips to find the scholarly articles. If you are not able to find the scholarly articles, then you can contact with the academic writing services.